6 October 2013

I made it! Cover of a quilting magazine!

To what do you aspire?  Sounds like a pretty simple question.  And it reminds me of when I was a child.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  My answer was always that I wanted to be an artist.  But I never had any serious plan to become anything.  Or to even grow up, for that matter.

But now that Debbie of A Quilter's Table has Another Random Linky posing this very question, I decided to give it some serious thought.  My mind then wanders back - way back - to when I was very young.  To a time when your whole life is still a book of fresh, white pages, waiting for you to write your story......


It's 1985 and I am doing housework on the weekend.  The stereo is blasting.  At that early age, say 19 or 20 years old, it is typical to be dreaming of becoming a famous rock star.

Dr. Hook's Cover of the Rolling Stone starts ringing in my head with its crazy lyrics.  And Miley Cyrus comes to mind....

Photo credit http://abcnews.go.com/topics/entertainment/music/rolling-stone-magazine.htm



I realize... I may not have ever wanted to be a rock star.
And I may not have wanted to get my picture on the cover of Rolling Stone.

But - seriously - I think that Miley has been copying my moves!


Like I mean, really!  Been there!  Done that!
Photo of me in 1985 with "Top On"

Yup....   Done that, too.
Photo of me in 1998 with "Short hair.  Don't care."


Truthfully, I have never aspired to get my picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.  But I do aspire to be the best quilting blogger I can be.  To inspire, and to be inspired by others.  To be fearless and try techniques that are new to me.  To share what I learn.  To encourage and be supportive.  To always appreciate and, when fame comes, to remember my friends in this online quilting community.

When that time comes,

and I get that call that every fanatical quilter dreams of.....


Really - I did make it.  In Picasa!




I am sew ready!


Till then...
Keep On Quilting On, my friends!

27 comments:

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

O lorna, you make me laugh today..i love your post, and your aspiration made me feel all better too as i aspire the same in being a craft blogger. Btw you look way better than miley that's for sure!

Glinda ♥ said...

Funny lady! You crack me up, Lorna ... promise me an autographed copy of your magazine cover when you're finally recognised for being such a fabby quilter??

Grandma Ruthie said...

Love the photo with the tongue and needle (now doesn't that sound intriguing!) Just today as I was threading my machine needle I noticed I need to focus with one eye more than another. Time for new glasses I guess! Rock on!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

LMAO!!!

John Main said...

I love it! You have been a huge inspiration to me! Thank you so much!!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Lol! good to see someone else sticks their tongue out when threading a needle too!

Jessica Hadden said...

Looks like you made it!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...

lol Lorna!! Where is Quilting Fool magazine? Someone ought to start that one. I think there are plenty enough of us quilting fools to provide plenty of hilarious material. Funny post!

Susan Owenby said...

LOL, I think I might sister love you. Very amusing. (I think you rock the short hair :) )

Vicki Posten said...

You have definitely been both an inspiration and supportive to me, for sure! You have one L-O-N-G tongue!!! Yes, don't forget us little people.

Karin said...

I so enjoy your posts...always make me chuckle. You are indeed an inspiring person and definitely one of my favourite quilting bloggers. Thanks for sharing those photos...great shots

Jessica Hadden said...

I meant my previous comment in the best sense of both meanings! You just keep rockin' it!

barbara woods said...

love it!!!!!

Katherine said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh, Lorna. :o)

Dominique said...

You are too funny, Lorna. Thanks for the laugh!

sarahquilts.com said...

I think we call that "quilt famous." The best kind of famous.

jan said...

OMG Lorna! I am so glad I didn't miss this post. may have to save it and blackmail you one day. Seriously though I had my suspicions, but you just proved it. You really are a Famous Quilt Blogger.
dang you should have shared that in the Let's Get Acquainted Hop. lol
xo jan

Christine said...

So glad I followed you. Will enjoy reading about your quilts and your adventures in quirky quilt land.

:-)

Debbie said...

haha! Fun times!

Jessica said...

Tee hee - this is great :D You make a better cover girl than Miley, by far!!

Valerie Reynolds said...

OMG!!! NOW I know why we are bloggin g friends...you TOTALLY remind me of a very good, ol friend, who I had soooo much fun with!!!

Cindy said...

LOL! Fun post!

Sherry said...

Yep made me laugh. How fun. You would make a better cover than some on Rolling Stone. Thanks for the laugh

kathyinozarks said...

Loved your post-too funny-I started laughing while eating a piece of my fresh out of the oven pineapple cake. lol Happy Wednesday Kathy

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Oh, you are a character! Thanks so much for hosting this "Sew"cial. Having a great time visiting the others! :-)

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Vickie said...

LOL LOrna ! LMAO !

Lara B. said...

Hahahahahaha! I saw this little Miley Cyrus link on the side of your blog and thought "What the heck?" Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I clicked it. I already knew you were a hoot Lorna, but thanks for the pure, snorting out loud laughter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top